Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Speaking of right whales....

A note from Marie, Team 7:

Now I finished my first presentation on my expedition to my boss/colleague and I have two more presentation within this fiscal year. I shared my experience with my colleagues and they were very pleased to see the great pictures of humpback wheals that Peter took our first day. One of my colleagues provided me of the information about a regulation to protect right whales in east coast. I remember Peter told me that a merchant ship is a problem for whales to hit and kill them during their traveling. My colleague told me that it seems difficult for Japanese Government to impose the similar legal controls around the Japanese neighboring waters. I feel guilty as an employee of a shipping company. In my next presentation to the employees in my company including top management, I will remind them of this problem.

An article submitted by Lynn, Team 5:
Mating Season Can Be Perilous for Right Whales

No comments: