Saturday, September 30, 2006

Day off report by Rania:

A day full of fun and excitement! Finally the weather began to get better. This was our day off, so we all made sure to make the most out of it and to explore the area as much as possible.

As for me and Robert, we went on a whale watching trip which turned out to be really great as we saw five humpback whales and we managed to take a few good pictures of them too.

Later we went on a tour that took us all around Monterey, from cannery row to the 17 miles drive. The scenery there was just amazing. After coming back we had a walk all around Fisherman’s Wharf.

We just didn’t let the fun end up so quickly; later in the evening Anna, Shinae and Sean suggested that we would all go out for sushi. I’ve been hearing them talking about wanting to order sushi ever since I got here, so I got curious and wanted to give it a try. Robert also decided to come along.

I believe it was really exciting to try something totally new. I tried different kinds of sushi. Honestly, I thought I wouldn’t like any, but to my surprise, some of them were really good!! My favorite one is called “pink lady” which is mainly made out of crabs. I think I might become a sushi lover too !

No comments: